for MOH te rol
What is this drug used for?
All inhaler products:
• It is used to treat asthma.
• It is used to prevent breathing problems that happen with exercise.
Liquid for breathing in:
• It is used to treat COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
• This drug is not approved to treat asthma. Talk with your doctor.
• This drug is not to be used to treat intense flare-ups of shortness of breath. Use a rescue inhaler. Talk with the doctor.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Dry mouth
• Trouble sleeping
• Loss of strength and energy
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• High blood sugar like confusion, fatigue, increased thirst, increased hunger, passing a lot of urine, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
• Low potassium like muscle pain or weakness, muscle cramps, or an abnormal heartbeat.
• Acidosis like confusion, fast breathing, fast heartbeat, abnormal heartbeat, severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, or loss of strength and energy.
• Chest pain
• Fast heartbeat
• Abnormal heartbeat
• Severe dizziness
• Passing out
• Vision changes
• Severe headache
• Trouble breathing, wheezing, or coughing after use
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
Foradil may be confused with Fortical, Toradol
Foradil capsules for inhalation are for administration via Aerolizer inhaler and are not for oral use.
Foradil [US, Canada, and multiple international markets] may be confused with Theradol brand name for tramadol [Netherlands]
Foradil Aerolizer is no longer available in the US.
Storage and Stability
Foradil Aerolizer: Prior to dispensing, store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). After dispensing, store at room temperature at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). Protect from heat and moisture. Capsules should always be stored in the blister and only removed immediately before use.
Perforomist: Prior to dispensing, store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). After dispensing, store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) or room temperature at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F) for up to 3 months. Protect from light and heat. Unit-dose vials should always be stored in the foil pouch and only removed immediately before use.
Oxeze Turbuhaler [Canadian product]: Store at 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F). Protect from moisture.
Cardiovascular: Chest pain
Central nervous system: Anxiety, dizziness, headache, insomnia, voice disorder
Dermatologic: Pruritus, skin rash
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, dyspepsia, gastroenteritis, nausea, xerostomia, vomiting
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Muscle cramps, tremor
Respiratory: Bronchitis, dyspnea, exacerbation of asthma (including acute deterioration), pharyngitis, respiratory tract infection, sinusitis, tonsillitis